So, I just recently tried to do some basic updates for ocs 2007 R2 by running the venerable “serverupdateinstaller.exe” found HERE. Thank goodness I setup a highly redundant load balanced farm of front end servers as the first server updated immediately had issues with the front-end services starting. Wow, updates strike again (other stories forthcoming soon, I promise).
So I did a quick lookup on WTF was going on and apparently I failed to follow the rules. I guess I needed to roll the update found at the same link, OCS2009-DBUpgrade.msi. Oh and run this in an admin command line with the optiont POOLNAME=
The next time I hear a Mac/Linux head blather on about how awful MS products are, unless they have ever really done any MS admin work, I’m just going to back hand them across the face. And then I’ll probably agree with them but from an entirely different viewpoint. And then I’ll buy them a beer so they don’t beat me up.